Friday, March 25, 2016

Easter Weekend Sew-In

I'm hoping to wrap up work early today to allow a little time to get started on the Easter Weekend Sew-In. I'm not sure how much time I will be able to spend in the sewing room with family in town, Easter activities and a business trip beginning early Sunday afternoon, but I plan to do my best!  If you would like to sew along with the rest of us (or try to, anyway!) you can sign up on the Sugarlane Designs blog.

Sign up here!
I had a chance to visit the Bits 'n Pieces 2016 Fanfare of Quilts last weekend.  What a fantastic show! I could tell it was going to be a good one from the moment I walked in the door.  



Look at all the beautiful applique! This one was my absolute favorite:


The colors were absolutely beautiful and the applique was spectacular!


Once again I have a bunch of lousy pictures - I think it is time for a new iPhone... This was a very striking quilt (hard to tell in the washed-out photo):


Here are a couple more excellent examples of the appliqued quilts on display:



The show was very inspiring!  One of these days I will have an applique quilt in a show...I have a solid start on about 50 of them. I just have to live long enough!

1 comment:

paulette said...

Loved your last paragraph!! That was me last year but you summed it up so nicely!! haha
PS...Beautiful quilts in the show!
P