Sunday, February 28, 2010

Back to Work

I'm down to the final hour of my vacation...so sad to see it come to an end!  Rug camp was lots of fun.  I absolutely love my pattern!  I made quite a bit of progress - I will have to take a photo for my next post.  I am thinking about challenging myself to try and finish it in March.  I can't wait to get it finished!

While I don't have a picture of my rug to share, I have one that I took of my friend Barb's rug from last year's camp.  It's huge!  I can't believe she finished it.  She collected wool from all of her friends (including me!) to use for the tongues.  What a fun idea!

















As February comes to a close, it's time to look back at my list of planned accomplishments and see just how many I actually managed to complete. 

1.  Angel block - finished!
2.  My Garden Album block 7 - finished!
3.  Applique Affair block - finished!
4.  Fabrics for Runaway Mystery quilt - assembled, but not cut (I think it counts!)
5.  February Wool Club flowers - finished!
6.  Paint Chip Project - finished!
7.  Kansas Memories blocks - didn't touch them...
 
I did work on my Everything But the Kitchen Sink quite a bit at the retreat, and finished two more baskets (I have nine or ten now).  Here's my paint chip project:
It ended up being quite a stretch from the original paint chip colors - I used two of the four - but it turned out very nice.  Only one problem...I intended to use it for my rug frame, but can't fit the silly thing through the opening!  Oh well - guess I'll have to come up with another use for it!

No comments: