Monday, February 1, 2010

The Projects Keep Coming!

I hate to post when I have nothing to show, but I have so many ideas and projects bouncing around in my mind that I am worried I might lose them! I made a little more progress on the angel block tonight, getting the lace and most of the dress appliqued. I should be able to finish the dress and head tomorrow, and then all that is left is the stitching. I still need to come up with a saying to add to the block - I'll work on that tomorrow, too.

Today's mail brought the first clue in the 2010 Runaway Mystery quilt. I have wanted to do a scrappy quilt for a while now, and have been eyeing a couple of Bonnie Hunter's patterns as possible projects. I am not sure whether I will even make it to Runaway this year, but I have regretted not doing the last couple of mystery quilts that Terry has put together. They always seem to turn out fantastic! This may be the year! Of course, I probably don't have the right scraps - I see reproductions or more primitive colors in this one, not the stuff I have in my stash. Ahhhhh...the Superbowl sales are calling my name!

Other projects I have recently acquired include the Wool Crazy quilt by JoAnn Mullaly (through the Wool Crazy Ladies Club at Primitive Gatherings) and Sue Spargo's 2010 BOM, which came in the mail last week. It's hard to tell when I will have time to start either one! Block seven of My Garden Album should be in the mailbox any day now (it's actually a few days late), and the second Applique Affair block assignment should be posted any minute now. I feel the need to knock both of those out before starting anything new. With nothing on the calendar this weekend, I think it is definitely time for a sewing marathon!

No comments: