Sunday, January 31, 2010

Awesome Workshop!

What a fantastic weekend! I spent the last three days in a wonderful workshop with Jackye Hansen of 1840 House. Jackye is incredibly talented, and is an excellent teacher! I am in love with Waldoboro-style hooking. Progress is definitely slow - it could take years to finish my rug - but the results are well worth the time & effort.












Here's Jackye (on the right) helping Paula with her project. She has such a good eye for color and her wools are beautiful! She prepares well, too - each student received a "map" of their project with colors and instructions. That will come in handy when I am trying to remember what goes where a year from now!

Here's what I managed to get done in three days...yes, this represents 20+ hours of hooking. Sad, isn't it?!?












We must have been working awfully hard...Debbie fell asleep on her frame! Maybe it was a sugar crash - we had lots of great food and delicious goodies to snack on while we worked.












Nola gave us a sneak peek at her Creative Juices project for March and now I am full of ideas for yet another rug! She created a non-directional sampler with symbols representing her life and family. I'd love to do something like that - it sounds so fun! My ideas haven't fully gelled yet, but so far I am thinking gardening for Darrin (possibly a tomato and garlic), a bird, something to represent the Cardinals, a quilt block, a book for Ann, a musical note and possibly something cheer-related for Kris, Ace and the cats, a boat or other item to represent the Ozarks...the list goes on and on! I'm sure there are other things that must be included. This will require some serious thought! How fun!

No comments: