Sunday, January 3, 2010

New Year's Decisions

There must be something about starting a new year that makes me forget about how many projects I already have in the works or have purchased materials for and inspires me to dive head-first into new ones. I am trying to decide on my 2010 project for my Prim Folk Art Yahoo group and rather than going with a pieced quilt I already have all the fabric for, I've stumbled across (and completely fallen head over heels in love with) a new pattern that I can't wait to get started on! I will have to wait a bit, though - the pattern is coming from Australia, so it's not here yet. It's called The Blessings Quilt by Bon Bon Designs. I found it on the Three Ducks on a a Roof blog. It sounds like there has been a lot of interest in this one - I know that everyone in the Yahoo group loved it, too. Here's a picture of the quilt from the designer's website:










The version posted on the Three Ducks blog is made from Jo Morton fabrics. It is gorgeous! Unfortunately I can't find too many of those close to home. I've been looking at them online, but really want to take a road trip so I can see them in person. I'm trying to find a free weekend - seems like there are too many things going on this month!

Another quilt that I have fallen in love with over the past couple of days is in the current issue of McCall's Quilting magazine. According to Barbara Brackman's blog, the quilt is actually a reproduction of an antique quilt that wasn't mentioned in the article. It is beautiful!

I don't think that I want to use this one for my group project. I think I prefer to do this one in crisp, clear colors. I will probably go with an off-white tone-on-tone print for the background.

I am still working on my Baltimore block - or at least I have started it. I've been trying to wrap up block six from My Garden Album before getting back to it. And then there's the Applique Affair block - I've committed to work on it with the Applique Cafe group, so I need to knock out block nine this month. I'd love to get back to my baskets, too... That one will probably have to wait.

I drew up a new rug to start at wool club next Saturday. I plan to incorporate all of the year's colors into this rug. I will likely do some of the other monthly Creative Juices projects, too, but I thought it would be fun to have the entire color palette in a single piece.

Off to work on a block...I had better pick up the pace if I am to have any hope of getting my "assignments" done on time!

No comments: