Friday, April 23, 2010

Last Night in Paducah

I've had a wonderful week at the AQS Show in Paducah!  I arrived Tuesday and have shopped until I nearly dropped every day.  As usual, I have acquired more projects than I could possibly complete before next year's show even if I was able to sew all day for the next 9 months.  What's really interesting is the diversity in my purchases.  My bags are full of reproduction fabrics and batiks...quite a strange assortment.

The new pavillion (fondly referred to as "the marshmallow" by Libby Lehman and the AQS folks) was a wonderful addition to the show.  It was a little warm by mid-day, but nothing like the pool area used to be.  It was well-lit and set up quite nicely - very impressive!













Amidon Quiltworks was here for the first time this year.  I've only seen them in Chicago in the past.  Another wonderful first-timer is Sew Unique Creations (Tara Darr).  She has such wonderful patterns!  I really enjoyed visiting her booth.  I picked up a couple of patterns and quite a bit of fabric there.  Other notable purchases include two complete queen-sized kits - one from Quilts by the Bay (the Judy Niemeyer wedding ring quilt) and another called "Dove in the Window" from Sew Batik).  I ended up with lots of odds and ends from other vendors including lots of patterns (mostly applique, of course).

I have one more class before I leave tomorrow - a color-planning class with Judy Niemeyer.  I have to keep my fingers crossed that I will win one of the patterns and planned quilts.  Afterwords I will meet up with friends for one last meal at Flamingo Row (the third time this week) and then head out of town.  It's always so sad to see the week come to an end!

No comments: