Sunday, May 2, 2010

Progress Report & Planning for May

I'll start off with an excuse...I was gone half of April, and didn't accomplish much of anything during either of my week-long trips.  With that said, I did okay for the month, just not quite as okay as I had hoped.  I did manage to finish block 9 of My Garden Album.  For some reason I can't get the picture to post right-side-up, so I will have to take another.

I made a lot of progress on my Sue Spargo BOM block 1, but need to add the finishing touches before I can cross that one off the list.  I did finish my April flowers and made a decision on the background after an initial misfire.  Here's the first one I tried.  I love the splash of color, but the flowers really died in it:













So I ordered a vanilla- colored wool from Rebecca Erb and gave it a shot:













It's difficult to see it in the photo.  It's very light, and the flowers really "pop" on it.  I'm not sure it makes the best background, though, but I hooked enough of it that I really don't think I want to change at this point.  It will end up a little brighter than I originally plannned, but that's not necessarily a bad thing.

I did make a bit more progress on Bird Party, but didn't get started on the Runaway Mystery project until yesterday, so it can't be counted for April.  I also fell short on my Applique Affair project - block 5 is about half way finished, and the May block has already been assigned.

I didn't get much accomplished this weekend, either, despite having good intentions. I was busy Saturday helping my oldest daughter get ready for prom, and I spent Sunday watching my Cardinals play an outstanding game against the Reds.  Go Cards!!! 













So now for the May list:
1.  Finish Applique Affair Block 5
2.  My Garden Album Block 10
3.  More progress on Bird Party
4.  Hook May flowers
5.  Applique Affair Block 19
6.  Finish cutting and begin piecing Runaway Mystery
7. Finish Sue Spargo BOM block 1 (finally!)

I'm also aching to start a new project... I have been wanting to get back to my Dinah Jeffries patterns and I still haven't started the one from McCall's that I picked up fabric for earlier in the year.  I also acquired several beautiful patterns at Chicago and Paducah, and I received the fabric for the Blessings quilt.  And if that was not enough, the Primitive Gatherings BOW starts next month.  Aaarrrghhhh!!!

No comments: