Sunday, May 9, 2010

Catching Up!

I'm spending the weekend - half of it, anyway - at the lake.  I headed down here after Wool Club yesterday and will return home tomorrow afternoon.  I spent all of last night and most of today hooking and doing applique.  I finally finished Applique Affair block five (my April assignment):

















My pictures aren't the best tonight - both were taken with the cell phone since I don't have my other computer to download from the camera.  And the fabric bled (again!) so I will have to soak it in Syntrapol when I get home, but I couldn't wait to get it posted.  It seems like it has taken forever to finish, even if it has only been a couple of weeks!

I also hooked my May flowers last night.  The new flowers are the red one (looks pink in this shot) on the upper right and the yellow one.  This month's theme was flowers and I was oh-so-tempted to start another project to explore the theme a bit, but I resisted.  I think it would be fun to make something with small proddy flowers with standing wool circles for centers.  A clay flower pot with a few flowers in it would be fun.  I should design something that would fit that frame I purchased from Anita White.  I also need to hook the pumpkin pattern that goes with that frame one of these days.












I received my first block of the month from Ewe-nique Creations on Friday.  I had completely forgotten that I signed up for that one!  It is really wonderful - wool applique on linen.  I was considering starting another project when I finished the next My Garden Album block, possibly Wildflowers or one of the other new patterns I picked up at Chicago or Paducah, but now I am anxious to start that one!  I hope I am able to spend a lot of time sewing while on vacation in June.  My "wanna do" list just keeps growing!

No comments: