Wednesday, May 26, 2010

New Projects

I can hardly wait for this year's Primitive Gatherings BOW to get started!  I have been interested in Florence Peto's quilts for a couple of years and have been dreaming of doing something along the lines of the Calico Garden or Froncie Quinn's "Florrie's Garden" pattern.  In fact, I purchased the Calico Garden pattern and joined Florrie's Gardening Club when I visited Froncie's booth at Paducah this year.  I hadn't even unpacked my purchases from Paducah (okay, I still haven't) when I received Lisa Bongean's e-mail about the new BOW.  It looks like it will be awesome - a mix of wool and cotton with designs based on Florence Peto's quilts.  Lisa is such an incredible designer!  Here's a picture of the first week's blocks from her website: 










From the Primitive Gathering's website:

I should receive the first packet the week of June 7.  I hope it arrives before I leave for vacation - I'd love to get a jump-start on this one!

Another project that I am very anxious to get started on is the new BOM from Ewe-nique Creations.  Unfortunately they don't have a picture of it up on their site yet.  I opted for the wool applique on linen version.  The blocks are Baltimore-style with wonderful embellishments.  I received the first block a couple of weeks ago.  It's interesting in that you quilt the block (linen on batting, no backing) for stability prior to doing the applique.  I hope to prep the background this weekend so that I can get started on that one very soon.

I've got big plans for getting a lot accomplished this weekend!  I still need to start Applique Affair block 19 (I've traced the pattern, but haven't started the block) and to do my prep work for my upcoming classes with Elly.  Quilt Colorado is only three weeks away! 

No comments: